"We need a great rebirth of the heroic in our world.Every sector of human society, wherever that may be on the planet,seems to be slipping into an unconscious chaos.Only the heroic consciousness, exerting all its might,will be able to stop this slide toward oblivion.Only a massive rebirth of courage in both men and womenwill rescue the world.Against enormous odds, the Hero picks up his swordand charges into the heart of the abyss,into the mouth of the dragon,into the castle under the power of an evil spell."Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- listless purpose
- fragmented identity
"the whole world is conspiring to shower you with blessings."
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles."
the young were put through profound challenges of mind-body-soul to steward them from the Eden of childish innocence to reckoning with the greater truths of the world we engage with as adults, taking on reins of responsibility to family, culture and the Earth at large.
- What rhythms do we set in place that deny our heroism?
- Where can we take a stand TODAY as if this were the last day of our lives?
- What are we telling ourselves in our inner world about ourselves in constancy?
- Are we alive in purpose?
- Are we loving ourselves, not with callow narcissism, but with a sturdy, resilient belief in our power to ever-rise from our inevitable failures; a love that knows the best of what we are and is in perpetual honoring of that authenticity by continually turning us toward it?
- Are we ready to do away with readiness about being heroes and realize that heroism is our natural disposition as amazing conduits of creatively evolving life?
"At this critical time, we are called into action to preserve our environment after modern industry's catastrophic impact.Habitat collapse and extinction caused by our willful, greedy, consumptive species is out of control and on a suicidal course. The human unconscious shares tremendous grief and guilt over this destruction, leading to an epidemic of depression medicated with legal and illegal drugs.Humankind must acknowledge its errors, actively grieve and beg forgiveness from Mother Earth. Loving our planet, we realize the miracle of the interdependent Net of Beings, from the tiniest microorganisms to giant whales singing in the deep.Conscious of World-spirit, we hear the cry of nature and compassionately, wisely, and creatively act to awaken one another to heal what remains of God's gift to us."Alex Grey from Net of Being